In southeastern apple production, there are four insect pests that are traditionally monitored using traps. The codling moth, oriental …
The weekly insect pest update is now hosted at the new Southern Appalachian Apples Portal, which includes information on …
The green tip to petal fall period is an important time for preventive management of several key insect and …
The warm temperatures in Western NC during the past few weeks have caused green tip to arrive early on …
Even with the cold snap this past week, most apple cultivars in Western NC are now at or have …
Across Western NC there have been numerous reports of apparently healthy trees mysteriously collapsing in young high-density apple orchards. …
Learn More Using the Resources Below
- Extension Entomology - Insect Biology and Management
- Extension Plant Pathology
- NC Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- NC Pesticide Safety Education
More Extension Programs at NC State University
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) for Schools & Child Care Facilities
- NC State Plant Disease and Insect Clinic
National eXtension Resources
Partnerships and Organizations
- APHIS Pest Detection and Management Programs
- NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Pesticide Section
- NSF Center for Integrated Pest Management
- Pesticide Environmental Stewardship
Publications, Information, and News
Recent Publications related to Pest Management
Lesser appleworm description, life history, damage, and control.
Spotten tentiform leafminer description, life history, damage, and control.
Tarnished plant bug description, life history, damage, and control.
Dogwood borer description, life history, damage, and control.
Insidious plant bug description, life history, and predation.
Redbanded leafroller description, life cycle, damage, and control.
Japanese beetle description, life history, damage, and control.